Dec 11, 2014

Holiday Gift Guide...

I was so excited this week to see (I'm probably the last to know) that Deb Perelman has organized all her recipes onto boards, including an entire board of food gifts. If you are on my Christmas list, please don't click this LINK!

This year, Katy and I have been working on a few little Christmas projects together (which may or may not include Smitten Kitchen's recipes...)that will be revealed post holiday, but for those of you still working on what to stuff into stockings this year, I thought I'd come around and offer some suggestions...


These wrap bracelets are easy and fun to make following my friend and editor Melanie's instructions on Creativebug.  

A cozy and a cuppow!   My friend Cal makes these awesome granny square cozies for the Cuppow/Ball Jar combo.  I've got a cuppow that I mostly use in the summer for iced tea since the jars are too hot to hold onto with tea, but this solves that problem, with beautiful wool yarns in your choice of colors.  Of course, you could probably figure out how to make your own by taking Cal's class over here.

Maira Kalman's new book, My Favorite Things.  This book is at the top of my Christmas wish list.  I love Maira's paintings and poetic takes on life so much, and can't wait to get my hands on this newest tome.


Lastly, a pre-ordered copy of a certain someone's Embroidery Book  (with printed sampler included!) would make a lovely gift that keeps on giving- especially when it hits your friends mailbox in April and they remember what a great Christmas they had with you....


No comments:

Post a Comment